Saturday, April 23, 2011

I HEART COWS!

It is true, I have always loved cows. Ask my college roommate and she will tell you about the trips to Luling, TX (as country as I have ever been) and my interaction with the bovine creatures. Grew up in Texas, moved a couple thousand miles away and BAM, a whole heard right down the street. Had to grab my camera after jogging by and seeing a calf with its mom. Turns out that little thing was scared of me and ran away but this angry fellow held his ground.



I see I have perked the interest of another...




Come a little big closer...




Yep there you are...






We really got to know each other. This picture was taken right before she licked me! Cows have rough tongues but she sure was sweet.










The gang is all here. I would name them the 3 Stooges but my husband gives me a hard time for trying to match everyone we know with a TV or movie character, just trying to make connections honey. For Todd I will refrain this once...











Talk about chicken legs...









There is the elusive calf. Finally got my one picture of it.










We have been doing a lot of landscaping lately. Like going on every weekend for a month spent in the yard getting dirty when we could be at the pool, or beach, or zoo, or park, or aquarium...that is all beside the point. This photo was last weekend after Todd pulled out 3 huge bushes and we planted pretty much everything under 2 feet tall that you see. Good thing our yard looks better now, might make the neighbors more okay with the boys napping on the driveway.





What a charmer!





Really hope no one was driving by at this point...at least the yard is improving!







I think I have a weird child...






Today Luke got an Easter Cookie basket from Brian and Kristin. He was so thrilled (obviously) and kept walking away and coming back just to look at it.




That cookie didn't last long.






Behold the best cookie in the universe!!!







Later, Luke got a really close look at the science of egg dying.








After the process was finished I think we had 2 eggs out of a dozen without cracks.






That egg is NOT the right shade of purple...put it back in!













Close up of our eggs and in the background an underwear adjustment.




No comments: